The coach ride from Lyngby to Helsingor where the ferry would take us across to Helsingborg in Sweden was approximately an hour, with the ferry crossing taking about 20mins. After another 2 hours of traveling across winter wonderland, we arrived at Hestrup where Isaberg, and the ski resort was. At 308m above sea level, we were finally awed when we saw the slopes with which our adventure was to begin.


<<>Amongst the 12 Singaporeans (or 10 Singaporeans, 1 Malaysian, and 1 Indonesian to be specific), only I opted for snowboarding because of my prior experience back in the US. In fact, this was to be only the 2nd time I was snowboarding! But practice makes perfect, and I haven’t yet mastered the art of not falling by the end of the afternoon.

The others had a great time, especially first timers like Yuan Shuo, Lin Chang, and Darren, who seemed to pick up the technique in no time. As with every outing, I seemed to take on the role of the resident photographer (again) and could have made big money if I charged them for the effort and time I sacrificed in framing wonderful memories for everyone. However, you know I’m too nice not to. Right?
On a similar note, most of us agreed that we spent more time posing and taking pictures than skiing (or snowboarding in my case), just like how Singaporeans tend to portray the image back home how great we are at skiing when we actually aren’t. But that’s a given, everyone needs a form of remembrance and someone will always volunteer selflessly because it gives him (or her) great pleasure in seeing happy faces that are grateful for my, I mean, his, efforts. Heh.




We left Isaberg around 4pm and reached back Lyngby around 8pm, where we scouted around for dinner on a Sunday night, which was virtually impossible, but arguably challenging. The group split up as some wanted to satisfy their hunger with kebabs in the vicinity (at least 30kr per person) and the others, including me, decided to hang in until we get back to Campus Village where we could whip up a decent meal.
And boy did we enjoy our dinner, with Yuan Shuo’s wanton look-alike with pasta sauce appetizer, Grace’s pre-main course baked potato with mayonnaise, Darren cooking his awesome (salted) chicken drumsticks in the oven, and my carrots and broccoli vegetable dish which everyone complimented (and as a result nicknamed me “mother”). Of course, who could miss the staple rice cooked by the rice I/C, Yuan Heng. After calculating the costs to convince us psychologically that it was more economical to cook in our containers than eating out, we worked out a cost of 10-15kr per person, more than half the price of those who decided to eat kebabs! Cheap thrill! But the meal was so gratifying everyone decided to head back for slumber. Thank goodness Monday’s my only free day so here I am blogging and after this, working on my assignments and readings before the dreadful week begins all over again tomorrow.
Too bad Legoland opens in April, as with the Tivoli in Copenhagen. Denmark’s going to be boring for a while now. Other than the tension with the terrorist thing I heard. Because we don’t have the papers or the watch the news (because there is no television in Campus Village), the only time I update myself about “the situation” here is with home news back in Singapore via the internet. What an irony. For now, we seem to be avoiding Copenhagen, just in case.
And here are the rest of the pictures which would otherwise take too long to post on blogger.
http://ableabel.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album06. Bon appetit!

No comments:
Post a Comment