It looks as if I'm having more fun at school than in school. In this respect, let me exclude Campus Village from the definition of "school" (despite it being situated within the university) for the sake of explaining fun. Technically, this technical school doesn't warrant enough activities (or girls) to make it fun. Practically speaking however, the international students seem to comprehend the whole idea of working hard and playing harder (okay the local Danes do too, but since they're not living on Campus Village where all the makeshift-looking-but-actually-permanent-containers-with-one-particular-room-G9-having-a-wonky-heater-that-PMS-es-once-every-month, ie, actually-works, we stick to the assumption that we international students create the life of all we know as "fun".
Okay, enough crapping.
I woke up on Friday with heavy snow brushing against my face as I walked to class 250m away for a 8am class (again). I must have slept through a good hour of the class till the first break at 9 when my self-declared "caffeine-insinuation-programme" regenerated part of my slumber against my all-time arch-nemesis, the Z-monster.



After class, I helped my tutor Ilmar (the Danish culture here is to call your lecturer-cum-tutor by their first names) push a cartful of equipment back to his office, after which he showed me his method of calculation to the simple question I posed him last week. He realised his question was ambiguous and promised he would input the data into MATLAB and let it recompute the results to determine if it was necessary to plot new graphs yada yada yada...He promised me by the next lesson he would have a answer to my query after he looks at the problem/exercise again.
Had I created unecessary trouble both for him and myself, and impressed upon him that I was one of those "nerds" that needed to know a simple answer to every question no matter what it took? After all, all I did last week was present him my solutions to the simultaneous equations that had 2 sets of solutions instead of his one. It's gonna be hard for him not to notice the only Asian kid in a 53-guys-2-girls-strong Dynamics of Machinery class which never ends before the full 4-hour slot. I need some anti-Z-monster potion and a USP-brain to interpret the alien subject that boasts MATLAB despite the my lack of experience/background in the subject matter.
Why school? Haven't you heard enough? I'm here to study of course...
But after the work, there's always something happening for the weekend.
Fili's buddy group was coming to our container for dinner, and he extended an invitation to Chang and I to join in. Dinner was set to be Italian pizza and pasta, and Alfonso's spanish paelja (I think it's pronounced pah-hee-lia). Because it's 4am and my brain's slowing down it's operating system, I shall let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
http://ableabel.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album09
After dinner we headed off to Mikolaj and Matteo's house party #2 at Lundtoftevej (aka the red house). And since blogger takes eons to upload pictures, knock yourself out below.
http://ableabel.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album10
And finally, after a night of fun and revelry (if I may say so), I woke up this morning to join Darren, Grace and Yuan Shuo, with our plan to check out Christiania in Christianhavn. But before we did, we met up with Song Ning and Emmy at Copenhagen Central Station, where we checked out some Chinese/Thai grocery shop, and later proceeded to Skindergade for a buffet lunch costing about SGD$10 we found out in a tourist brochure for Copenhagen. Chang met up with us at the Samos Restuarant when we were halfway through lunch because he's willpower against the sleep wizard was incomparable.
Point to note: Photography is not allowed in Christiania, so the pictures you see uploaded were taken at the risk of being killed by *cough*drug-peddlers*cough* roaming about the "town", or more appropriately, slum. Okay maybe the killing was a bit of an exagerration. At most we'll be attacked and brutally intoxicated only. I'll elaborate more next time if I get the chance, but for now, 4 hours of uploading pictures and 2 hours of typing is exhausting me entirely.
http://ableabel.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album11
Good night.

No comments:
Post a Comment