Friday, August 11, 2006

W!ld Rice-d

Last night I was volunteering for W!ld Rice's theatre productions at the NLB as Front-of-House. Was sent upstairs to the Black Box where National Language Class / Utama: Every Name in History is I was being staged as JBJ at the Drama Centre was a full house and it wouldn't be easy for them to sneak me in. So I "sat" through 1 hours worth of malay-and-chinese-only dialouge, and another hour's worth of Ho Tzu Nyen's slideshow-cum-video presentation on our national history before Raffles's time.

I'll be volunteering for W!ld Rice again on Sunday so hopefully I'll get to watch JBJ. Check out the review by Hong Xinyi in Life! for yesterday and today's papers. And last night Ivan (Heng) was askin us what we thought of the article by Hong Xinyi. He's so funny when shooting back at that article, and I only vaguely remember him saying something that our local papers being calling themselves The States Times (as opposed toThe Straits Times). Wicked! I also met another of his staff, Stephanie, who is hilariously funny, saying how some PRCs have eyes so small you could blindfold them with dental floss.

*rolls on floor bursting out in laughter*

And then I met, as if the world wasn't small enough, this nice, pretty and amiable girl who just graduated from NUS, who turns out to be Chee Chuan's girlfriend! Just when we were talking about ushering and she lamenting about going for the UCC interviews together with him but wasted her time when she was told only year 1s and 2s will be considered. Least she understood the rationale why we restrict such applicants in this line, but she did feedback that we gotta inform applicants so they won't waste their time queuing up for nothing. Point noted.

No comments: