Friday, August 25, 2006

Buttered

Buttered. And funked-off.

Well at least that's what I thought the organisers of Sports Bash 2006 had in mind when they held their bash at Butter Factory (near Gallery Hotel), affectionately themed "Funk Off". With Arts Bash at MOS and TH Bash at Gotham Penthouse last night, I didn't think there would have much of a crowd at the Sports Bash, but it seemed the quality of the crowd was nowhere near disappointing (since the claustrophobic confines of the venue helped impose a sense of a popular and crowded space).

Having arrived late, I missed the supposed segment of Lingerie and Boxers parade by the paegent contestants. But I did manage to witness the beatbox showcase by one talented indivudual, the same Charles I saw perform last saturday at the IMF training in NUS as part of the SAF's Music and Drama Company during the half-time break.

It was an alright bash in my opinion, with a more-than-alright crowd in attendance. Thanks to the closet chiong-ster who managed to turn up despite arriving near midnight, she kept our spirits high but dry. Why dry? Cos she doesn't seem to slow down with or without alcohol. The two B-52s I bought her didn't serve any effect. Nor did the beers she downed prior to that do the same.

But the best thumbs-up-hands-down should go to the Sports Camp peeps for getting involved and involving everyone. And to Ming for being a buddy (although I suspect he agreed to go because he knew a whole bunch of eusoffians going anyway).

That, was probably one of the last clubbing sessions I've going to have this semester. Cos I need to start planting myself back into "bookworm" mode. I've drifted far and wide enough in my 6 month-long "holiday" I'm finding it difficult to do just that.

I miss Denmark and all my friends. You can't do Octoberfest without me!!!

No comments: