Tuesday, August 15, 2006

JBJ-ed

Thanks to the kind people at W!ld Rice, I managed to get into the full house to stand at the rear of the theatre to watch Eleanor Wong's playright of The Campaign to confer the Public Service Star on JBJ.

Twice.

Forget Hong Xinyi's review in The Straits Times, one has to watch the play for himself to laugh his heart out. I can't wait for Pam Oei to act in Dim Sum Dollies again! Speaking of which, rumour has it the dollies are returning in November. Amongst some of the people I saw at the Drama Centre on Sunday were Shereene (who I bumped into by pure chance at the hotel I stayed in Bangkok earlier in August), Eunice Olsen, Emma Yong, Selena Tan, and my Soci tutor for Making Sense of Society 2 semesters ago. I forgot his name but he recognised my face, and it was real nice he came over with his wife to say "hi", and at the end of our short conversation, when it was time for him to enter the house, he asked what grade I got for that module, as well as what my name was.

I couldn't bear to ask him for his. *covers face*

You can't blame me, after all my major is not Sociology but Engineering.

4 plays down, 2 more to go in the last week of the Singapore Theatre Festival. I'm sure having fun watching free shows and meeting new people!

No comments: