Sunday, April 30, 2006

I miss...

I took a long walk down to Lyngby yesterday towards the Viggo house where the first BBQ since spring was happening. Along the way I passed by the Lyngby Tennis Centre (I never really paid enough attention since it was covered in snow last time, and in recent times I had been travelling out of Denmark to not notice something close to "home"), and seeing people playing tennis on the clay courts was refreshingly revitalising (I meant to use another word, but let's settle for this for now)!

It then occurred to me what I missed since I came here. In no particular order,

I miss playing tennis, especially with Ken, Quek, and Kim (not surprising no Cass since she always "flew my airplane"...heh)

I miss Chomp Chomp and the hokkien mee, ice jelly, rojak, satay (and I should stop here before I whet my appetite)

I miss those late night suppers after work in UCC, where our geography was somehow only limited to Holland V, Clementi, Bukit Timah, and sometimes somewhere else.

I miss driving. I don't know, I just do. Well when Sophia comes to visit, we plan to drive across Odense to Billund, where Legoland is! Roar! Hear the kid in me!

I miss television and reading the papers. Like I told Sophia and many others, I think I only watched TV once ever since I came to Denmark (at my buddy dinner in their apartment), and read The Straits Times twice, both times when my dad sent it up with his colleague (amongst other essentials) and I had to pick it up downtown.

I miss everyone else who reads this blog and doesn't tag. Just kidding. Doesn't mean that you're not missed if you tag. Nor does it mean you're missed when you read. Or perhaps you are missed if you read, and not missed when you tag. Then again, maybe if you tag, you could have been forgotten to miss. Whatever the case, you are missed, not missing hokay.

Suddenly the inspiration just stopped. Perhaps it's a sign I should get back to work - schoolwork that is.


And to my fellow UCC buddy whose father passed away recently, be strong. I hate it when such things happen, for we never know how to react as "passers-by", and the world around us closes in. Sorry I couldn't be there for you and may you find peace. Blessed be.

No comments: