School's been busy, same old 4 hours classes that drains every energy out of you by the time you think the day's over. The only saving grace becomes the time you get together with your friends to cook (but only after thinking and preparing what you need, so that takes time too). We all agreed by now how good cooks we probably have become, having started from scratch when we first came. In fact, I wasn't the only one who didn't ask my mum anything about cooking, we just came to Denmark and cooked the way we thought it should taste like.
Every dish must start with garlic and onions in the frying pan, followed by the meat or vegetables, and the sauces. Somehow eggs are important to our meals here, but we still try to limit our intake with no more than 2 a day, for fear of high cholesterol. I guess everyone appreciates the convenience of eating out in Singapore by now, together with the 24 hour coffeshops around our tiny island.
And of course, I miss mum's cooking, and her unwavering efforts to do so after every long day at work. And of course, there's some special quality about mums that allow them to pick and choose a wide variety of dishes to cook, so you won't get tired of eating the same thing every week. My friend Fili here cookes pasta 6 days a week for him and our other French friend Colin, and he always invites us for dinner pretty almost everyday. But Chang and I don't always accept it for two reasons: 1) it's a pai-say thing to always eat off other people and their efforts, and 2) you really get sian of pasta 6 days a week! Even Colin think so. *covers mouth*
So then, last night was Mikolaj's 3rd Polish party at his shared house at Lundt
oftevej. The first party we went to had no rules; the 2nd had one - that you needed to bring something (so Chang and I bought one bottle of cheap wine costing about SGD$5 to the party. The 3rd party last night had 2 rules, with the first being the same as the 2nd party, the additional rule is to wear something green if you were single and red if you weren't. Prior to the party I had constantly declined the invitation since I had nothing green, but at Fili's constant jio-ing and other friends expecting me to turn up, I decided to put off work till today (which I predict will need to be put off till tomorrow) and head out for some fun.Than
ks to Huiping (who still hasn't collected your present hor...tsk), Sue, Jerm and Tong (is it right) who gave me the T-shirt at the airport in Singapore just before my departure, I figured it was the closest thing to wearing green (cyan words written on a plain white T-shirt bordered with purple lining, you'll see later). And the words were just apt for the party, so I figured why not.This time round, there was two dance "floors", downstairs (Mikolaj's room) and upstairs (Matteo's room). After some time when the one downstairs got boring, we went up where the music was much better and so was the crowd. People were dancing (and jumping to Cumbawu
mba, Linkin Park, Offspring etc) so much I could feel the wooden floor teetering on the brink of giving way, but we managed somehow. Chang and I enjoyed ourselves tremendously, though he was whining so much when someone left for home. Heh. But we later got back on our feet quickly thanks to the music and crowd that made you forget the floor was only made of wood. Out in one corner also lay one couple who were, well, french-ing for more than an hour at last sight, and Chang and I were just impressed how ye they were oblivious to their surroundings. You can look out for that pic in the link below.Luc
a M. was the other highlight of the night, and Chang was more than in love(?) with his coolness and dress sense, though I guess the beret and retro shades made all the difference. I even had my fair share of borrowing his beret for a picture with Chiara. Andrea from Italy was in his pyjamas (I don't know why), whilst Alvise stood out in his striking Playboy T-shirt.
We left the party around 2.30am, and walked back with Chang, Baek, Hong, Si Nae, Fili, Sebastien and Agris to container M where Fili made pasta for supper (no surprises there, heh).
Okay dinner with Naweed in my container in an hour's time, first time he's cooking and only because he's invited some girl and other friends over. And later tonight, we might well be hopping over to the "party" in container F where Fernando (of Madrid, Spain) invited everyone at last night's party to. It's "good" I'm finding myself cooking less and eating more, but that only means getting fat. And the recent snow and sub-zero weather hasn't allowed me to exercise yet. Then again it could just be the work and projects that are hindering me.
Generally speaking, it's really when I'm abroad I've learnt how easier it is to make friends, where you can introduce yourself and ask where they're from, but in Singapore you really can't. Or at least find difficulty in. Imagine:
Me: Hi, I'm Abel...from Singapore. And you are?
*: Hello I'm *, and I'm from Sengkang.
Imagine that. You'll first get strange looks before the ignored look.
Okay, here are the pics.
http://ableabel.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album14
Anyone coming Denmark or Europe in June?
Iris - how? French Open?
Beat, Sheena, Val, Evarn - any plans to return to Europe this year?
Yihan & Yushun - heard you guys wanna come up in May?

No comments:
Post a Comment