





More pictures in http://ableabel.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album03
After dinner was done, I skipped over to container V where my IntroWeek Group and other people had a crepes and sangria party. [Sangria is this Spanish drink comprising wine, lemon juice or lemon soda as a substitute, and cut fruits like apples and oranges. Veeeery nice.] By the time I reached it was half-past eight and Graziella had apparently finished making more than hundred crepes for the rest. But Alvise's sangria was still plentiful, with one last pot to go around.



I went back to container U where the Singaporean guys already started playing ban lat.
And being poor students we obviously played small, although at one point someone mentioned if we should start staking properties. Like we had any.

Oh yes! One more thing, I bought my 2nd or 3rd hand bike today from a Brazilian guy I met couple days ago, at 350kr, or S$94. One thing about bikes in Denmark, is that the average selling price for a brand new bike starts from 500kr or S$134, and that only gets you a kid's bike. A normal bike (w/o the fanciful suspension and stuff) for adults starts from 100okr at least, or S$270. The second thing about bikes in Denmark are that most if not all of them don't have handbrakes, instead, they had pedal brakes. It's weird when I first tried, but you need to cycle backwards in order to slow your bike down. No kidding.
And this is for my Aunt-I, who remarked that I hadn't posted any pics of my bed. After Ikea yesterday and a fully-mopped floor which my cold feet can strut across, here's my room.
From L-R: 1)my bed, heater and window, 2) study desk and notice board, 3) neat and fully stocked up cupboard, 4) entrance and cheap Ikea door mats!




Monday's my ONLY free day so I'm gonna treasure it. My first lecture/class begins on Tuesday, and from then, expect less of this blogger/photo whore. One thing about DTU is that their classes are in 4 hour slots, 8am-12pm or 1-5pm, or both (which my Wednesday class is). It's up to the lecturer to start with lectures, exercises, labs, discussion etc anyway he/she wants it. And we don't need to drop a module if we find it too tough until 1 month before the exam. That's the flexibility offered her as opposed to NUS' CORS system. Let's see how my four 8am classes and the stamina goes from here.

No comments:
Post a Comment