We didn't stay longer at container Z after 5 guys who returned from their road trip entered the kitchenette, emptying their haversacks with bottles of liquor, 4 cartons of different types of beer (that's 4 x 24 = 96 cans) and smiles ready for the night session. Chang and I decided to "turn in" for the night to prepare for Introduction Week which begins tomorrow, or rather, later today. But as you know, midnight's still early and I'm here blogging to feed you starving guys and gals.
Thursday, 19th Jan.
Arrived at Copenhagen's Kastrup Airport, and followed my parents' up the crew bus to First Hotel at Vesterbrogade to check-in. Met one of the 3 buddies, Dennis, who brought me and my parents, to DTU to check-in into my accomodation at Campus Village. As promised, pictures of the container where I live.






After checking-in, we headed down to the town of Lyngby to get my CPR, or social security number of sorts, without which you can't open a bank account in Denmark. After lunch and a little walk around town, we headed back to DTU where I packed some stuff for the weekend getaway. I decided to return to Copenhagen with my parents to spend the weekend with since they were in town, and there was nothing for me in DTU yet (pretty borin place mind you, other than the fun in campus village that's soon to come I think).
Back in Copenhagen, I was at one supermarket and compared prices of some beers, where a bottle of Heineken costs about S$1.90 a bottle, half the price of a Tiger, which costs about $3.60 a bottle. There are cheaper beers lah...but I'm not into that, yet.

Friday, 20th Jan.
Woke up for an early hotel breakfast, which was superbly fantastic, and as mentioned previously, makes you understand why breakfast is the most important meal of the day.



Took a walk down to Walking Street, and visited the famous Little Mermaid, but was miserably disappointed when I found out what it looked like. Without any obvious signages or anything fantastically luminous, the statue looked like (see pic 1). And on closer inspection, she looked like (see pic 2). So there you go, the little mermaid of Copenhagen, Denmark.


At night, we headed back to the Hotel vicinity for chinese food, as recommended by Dad, and braved a snow "storm" after dinner on the way back. Apparently I heard from my buddies the next day that the snow was so bad in the afternoon they had to close the airport and trains.

Saturday, 21st Jan.
Off to Malmo in Sweden for the day! For 3 of us, the return train fare to Malmo and back costed us 344dkk or about S$92, since it went under the bridge that spanned the sea between the two countries. I must emphasize how seamless it was transiting between the two countries as there was no passport check or any sorts, and travelling from Denmark to Sweden was merely another train stop. If only Singapore-JB was this convenient.

Shopping in Sweden is generally cheaper than in Denmark, and the Zara sale we saw confirmed it. For the girls' sake, here's a sampler of how cool/cheap their stuff are, and just so you can get jealous...
Spag tops at $11, jeans, jackets and skirts at $27,


And Nel, as requested, I found your birkenstocks, but they cost S$150 on average. I doubt you want me to go back...heh. Plus the variety of designs available then wasn't wide enough.Sunday, 22nd Jan.
After church in the morning, we headed off to the little quaint town of Dragor, a little south of Kastrup Airport.

In the evening, we returned to the chinese restaurant Golden Bamboo for one last hearty meal before I left my parents for DTU.

Anyway, it's coming to 2.30am soon and I'm getting tired...blogger does take ages to load pics. So, for more pictures, click on http://ableabel.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album01
Till next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment