I've always heard and passed by Jazz @ Southbridge but never really got down to checking it out until tonight. Since my last meeting with Ger in 2007 before I found a job, we had been so caught up with work to catch up again, despite several attempts which failed owing to her falling ill. Nonetheless, we succeeded on a presumably occupied Saturday night, where I figured it was about time I checked out a new place with live music / jazz.
But before I got there, I asked Ger what prompted the sudden initiative to meet up, and as I would have expected, I was to be yet another PTBF or "part-time-boy-friend" since her Ben had poker plans for the night already.
So then.
.jpg)
Jazz @ Southbridge offers an intimate setting for a nice chill-out, chit-chat, and feel-good time, complemented with the talented house band with Friday lead vocalist, Alemay Fernandez (see video below). Whilst there was no cover charge, a minimum spending of $25 per person (for Fridays and Saturdays) was brought to our attention at the entrance. In terms of pricing, your "Jazzy Hour" drinks go for 15-20% less, and in some cases, one-for-one. I got myself a bottle of Wyndham Shiraz 2005 for about $52 at the last minute of HH, whilst Ger went for the Southbridge Jazz special martini ($9 during HH, $15 otherwise) - highly recommended!
For a list of their performance schedule, check out their website here.

2 comments:
I sensed JEALOUSY =x
Your jealousy and not mine I presume?
Post a Comment