

For a first-timer to fine dining, I had to make a detailed list of the dinner menu, especially when photography of the food is prohibited.
Dinner Set Menu
Beetroot and Pomelo "Carpaccio"
Green Pea Mint and Watercress Soup
Lime and Plum Sorbet
Mackerel with Pumpkin topped with Raspberry Sauce
Chocolate Cake and Caramel Coulis
When Daff (and Addy) first proposed the idea to me, I thought it ridiculous for any restaurant to sit only 20 customers per night. Moreover, it's almost impossible to get thru the phone lines to make reservations, which could take up to a month, if not more. But seeing is believing, and this restaurant deserves all the credit for it's service. I daren't say the food is incredibly fantastic (even though I forked out a fair bit), nor is their serving size, but their presentation and selection of ingredients did leave an impression.
Consider the professionalism of the waitress-cum-owner of the place when she presents the menu verbally, recommending more dishes than just the obvious, along with a vocabulary of words to excite the mind in warming up your tastebuds. For example, "...kangeroo loin with wine reduction drizzled around..." and some more phrases which blew my mind away, wishing every other restaurant/cafe's service staff took the same pain and patience to engage with the customer.
It'll be some time before I return back to Buko Nero, hopefully with a monthly income.

No comments:
Post a Comment