This is hilarious, and I think I must have humoured the service staff at Mr Bean’s (the 24hr café at Selegie) last night.
After my friend and I finished our basket of fries, apple crumble and drinks, I called for the bill, for which my friend gladly accepted. She whipped out her UOB Lady’s Card and gave the bill back to the waitress to process. They must have been too busy or forgetful (more likely the latter) that the bill never got processed till ten minutes later when I reminded another waiter nearby. A third waiter promptly brought the bill with the credit card and receipt back to me and awaited my signature, when the first waitress standing a couple feet away turned back and teased him for his mistake of returning the Lady’s Card to me. I instantly reacted to the waitress’ remark to her colleague (rather loudly mind you) that it’s precisely why “the men just don’t get it!”
My friend and the rest of the service staff (including the embarrassed waiter) burst into laughter immediately, after which my friend joked, suggesting a possibility that perhaps the waiter just couldn’t tell the difference.
As if!
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment