
Okay, so now you'd probably ask what I did, and what I could do. Having already done my Fried Rice Paradise and painstaking Popiah, I decided I'd do my usual ABC (Abel's Brocolli and Carrots) for my intro group pals to taste. As Murphy's Law would have predicted, I brought every seasoning (light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, corn flour) except the most crucial oyster sauce.
*slaps forehead*
No matter, just had to make do with what I had. Alvise prepared salmon in soft rice (a good change from Italian pasta), Hyemi and Sinae prepared Korean noodles, Fernando made Spanish tortilla espanola, while Aga brought Polish potato and ham she prepared at home.






For desserts, Stephanie made German apple strudel, and Peter and his girlfriend (who just arrived from Vienna yesterday) prepared Austrian Kaiserschmarren (sugar pancake with raisins, but Kaiser here means "Emperor", and schmarren according to him has totally no meaning and just refers to that pancake mess you whip up, so it kinda translates to the "Emperor's Cake"). Joel brought his Philippine-style-Peach-Cream-cheesecake (which was a substitute cos he couldn't find mangoes) and Graziella prepared French crepes before coming.









By the 2nd dessert, everyone was full to the brim, and seemed to be almost struggling with the 3rd and 4th dessert. But everyone enjoyed the 4 hour meal very much (including the 1.5 hour preparation time), and 4 bottles of red and white wine seemed just nice for the 15-person crowd.
Here are the rest of the pics:
http://mydtu.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album23

No comments:
Post a Comment