Anyhow, the movie per se. The short review goes like this...
The classic story of loyalty, trust, and sacrifice comes to life in this live-action adaptation. Fern (Dakota Fanning) is one of only two living beings who sees that Wilbur is a special animal as she raises him, the runt of the litter, into a terrific and radiant pig. As Wilbur moves into a new barn, he begins a second profound friendship with the most unlikely of creatures – a spider named Charlotte – and their bond inspires the animals around them to come together as a family.
Having studied the literature text back in Secondary 2, it comes as no surprise I knew the plot and ending already. But watching words manifest on the big screen seems more gratifying, plus the fact I was constantly trying to recall what happened in the literature text. For one thing, I couldn't even remember the words Charlotte wrote on her web!
In addition, I didn't know who were the actors behind the voices, until the ending credits, and was joyfully surprised Julia Roberts actually lent her voice to Charlotte! And even more surprised Oprah Winfrey lent hers to one of the animals in Zuckerman's Farm too!
For 100 minutes, I'd give it 3 out of 5 popcorns. For the apt cast and special effects (and whatever else they used to train the animals to move/talk with surrealism), I'd add in another popcorn. For Dakota Fanning and her bright future that lays ahead, I'd give her full marks.
Check out the official movie website here.

2 comments:
my awesome fred worked on that movie. that's why the vfx is so good. grins.
woah...haolian lah! haha...any leftover freebies you managed to kop from the set? heh.
when's your turn to be a star?
Post a Comment