With a couple more days before the Dim Sum Dollies end their extended season of the Little Shop of Horrors on the 22nd of Nov, I’d say you’d better get your butt moving. I shouldn’t reveal too much, after all, you’ll want to hear it for yourself from the Dollies, who take on a more backseat role this time (hence the reason why the show’s not titled after them, rather, featuring them).
But don’t quote me on that, the leads and supporting cast put on a strong display of musical talent and vocal stamina when they individually and collectively belted out crystal-clear songs wrapped with fantastic emotional expressions almost always. I wanted to agree on Denise Tan’s singing as being the best, but then realized Pam Oei did a remarkable job too.
Of course, with Dave “Electrico” Tan as the lead voiceover for the fearsome man-eating plant, “Audrey2”, the title of best singer had to go to him. I wonder how every one of them maintains their vocal chords in tip-top shape every.single.day.
Oh one more thing, watch out for the special rain effect, real motorbike entry on/off stage and, needless to say, the seemingly seamless puppeteer-ing of the man-eating plant. Mind blowing!



Well, just like Notre Dame de Paris, I got the chance to meet and greet the cast during the autograph session right after the show ended! Armed with my programme book, I got myself all 8 autographs. I got help in smiling for that near-picture-perfect with the Dollies, but let the other cast members slip away after I procrastinated a tad too long. At least I managed to grab hold of producer Tan Kheng Hua, for this prized shot too!
Guys and gals, waste no more time! I got my 4th row seat tickets by booking them a month ago. You have less than a week left before they end their extended 24-show run, and you really ought to de-stress with this incredible love-horror-thriller-comedy. If you’ve never seen the Dim Sum Dollies in their previous 3 appearances, it’s time you did!

No comments:
Post a Comment